Friday, October 5, 2012

C4K Summary (September)



Post number 1

The first student I was assigned was Faafetai. Faafetai explained in her blog how she used play dough to solve fractions in her math class. She started by rolling the play dough into a giant roll. Next, she cut them into sections. After that, she took away and added sections, as needed, to solve math problems.

I commented on her blog by telling her I was impressed on how she use her creativity to learn math. I also told her I enjoyed playing with play dough also but I never used it in a math class. In  the conclusion, I encouraged her to keep up the good work.

Post number 2
Hundreds Charts for Holidays and Activities {Freebies} ~ Could revise to make harder for third....

The second post was different than the first post. I was assigned to Mr. Capps 3rd grade class blog. It summarized and showed students using the close to 100 method. This method has taken off in the classroom. I commented on his blog by stating that the method looks energetic and engaging for the students. I also told him good luck with installing it in the rest of the classes.

1 comment: